So it's been 2 days so far, and it already feels like I've been here for weeks!
The first, 7 hour plane ride, was a bit painful. I sat in the far back corner window seat, next to a guy in a hat that took up the whole middle armrest, drank two little wines, and put some airplane bread in his backpack for later. Overall it wasn't bad though, we flew at night, and while we were at cruising altitude there were so many stars, that I was pretty content to just stare out the window. I even saw something that looked a little like the Milky Way. Very cool.
Sevilla is HOT during the day. From the time we leave in the morning, until the sun sets at around 9 pm it's in the 80-95 degree range. Not humid, but still pretty scorching. It is definitely a cute town, lots of little shops, and little restaurants with a lot of outdoor seating.
Yesterday we got to the hotel and proceeded to wander the city for hours. There are a bunch of windy, old country-looking alleyways, which we got lost in for about 20 minutes before making our way back to the main roads. Right across from our hotel is a huge jardin, with tons of flowers, fountains, pathways, benches, and extremely large trees. After having dinner with the group, we wandered down by the river, and ended up in a small American bar that was serving free sangria. After not too long, we decided that a bar full of Americans that were smoking and singing along with Sublime songs wasn't really giving us a feel for Spain, so we got out of there and wandered along the river at night for a bit.
Today was more walking. We saw the Gothic cathedral and La Giralda, which was pretty impressive, but nothing compared to the Plaza de España. The Plaza currently holds government offices, but looks nothing like the ones back home. It is a huge, long building in the shape of a half circle, with lots of artwork, towers, and fountains (which were mysteriously empty). It is larger than life, and incredibly impressive. I could definitely just hang out in that area for hours.
Tomorrow is most likely more walking and sightseeing, and then a Flamenco show at 10 pm.
As soon as I get pictures uploaded to my computer, I'll put them up, since I'm sure my descriptions don't do justice to this town!
Hasta luego!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yesssss... the blog is up!
Enjoy the flamenco show tomorrow!!
Ooh, free sangria... sounds like my kind of place. :D Um, your pictures are gorgeous and I'm dying of jealousy that I'm still in the States, but soon I will join you across the Atlantic! And hopefully it will be just as beautiful for me. Why is everything so much prettier in Europe?
Post a Comment