Today was Corpus Christi (Part I), which is THE religious holiday in Spain. The whole town was completely decorated, with flowers, paintings, statues, wreaths, banners, and incense. Thyme was also thrown all over the streets, making the whole city smell sweet. We went down to the Plaza Zocodover to watch the parade go by.
There were lots of religious types, monks, nuns, ladies in fancy dress, kids all dressed up to march, priests, and a cardinal that spoke and prayed around the halfway point of the parade. It was interesting. Apparently today was more for the locals, and they are going to do something similar this Sunday that is aimed more at the tourists. I'm sure we'll go to that as well. I'll post the pictures from this one when I get around to downloading them.
Tomorrow is the day trip to Madrid, and Amy Klesert is coming in from Paris to visit for the weekend!!
That's all for the moment, except for one more of the trashed suitcase:

Hasta luego!
No comments:
Post a Comment