Monday, June 9, 2008

The last weekend (check!)

Hola todos,

The last weekend in Spain, and it's over!

Friday we took our Spanish finals, even though we have Spanish classes up until Tuesday, and I'm hoping they went not too badly. Studying the irregular verb tenses, I found they came back to me much quicker this time, having already learned them once. Now if only I used them in the correct way, I will be all set!

Our two professors that came with us on the trip left for the US on Saturday, so my Global Healthcare class is already over. We already got our final grades for the class, and I got a 96. I was one of the underachievers in the class too, which should tell you something about the difficulty level.

We did learn, however, in our final healthcare class, that Spain has not had this much rain during this time period since 1906. I thought this was pretty telling about our luck with the weather here!

Friday night we went out dancing, and then slept for a good portion of Saturday morning (read: ALL of Saturday morning). The rest of the day was spent shopping, and eating. We found a place that makes a really good cheeseburger, though it is obviously not a replacement for the food we are all missing from home. Stores started shutting down around 9, so while we did get some shopping done, there is still plenty more ahead of us in the next 2 days.

Sunday has truly been the day of rest. Slept for a long while, finished some homework, made instant soup, organized a tiny portion of stuff to bring back, and watched a few random fireworks out one of our friend's windows.

Tomorrow we're off to the Arab baths! Brynna and I have been thinking about them ever since we left the ones in Granada, so we are incredibly excited for tomorrow!! This time we're bringing along a few more people so that they can revel in the experience as well. Hopefully the Madrid ones are just as good, if not better. After the baths, I think we're going to wander around Madrid for a bit, and treat ourselves to a really good dinner since it's our last night before we have to start the horrible packing to leave process.

Tuesday will be the last day of classes, going to the outdoor mercadillo (tan barato) otra vez, and packing up all the stuff I've managed to accumulate over the past 5 weeks.

Finally, before I forget to post it again, this is a picture of the palacio in Madrid that I took while Brynna and I were with her Spanish family.


Almost time to say adios to Espa��a!

Hasta luego!

No comments: